The idea of an open-sourced governance has been discussed for as long as a decade ago, as wonders such as Bitcoin, Block chain, Wikipedia and Word Press came to being all in the 00’s. Lots of thinkers talked about it and introduced different reasons why it is needed. But most of these projects either focused on too general aspects, or on too much of technical issues with regard to programming. There has been not many projects that seriously discuss open-source legislation is specific.
It is necessary to mention that the project is a fully collective platform. The coordination and initiation has been implemented so far by artist Pendar Nabipour, but among the core values of the project is to dissolve and challenge the idea of artistic credit. The project belongs to the collective mind; thus, the participants.
- In December 2015 as GEMAK in The Hague was closing its doors forever, Pendar presented the first presentation using an animated video and a performance that he conducted during the event ’EXIT GEMAK: ALL ART IS POLITICAL | KUNST = POLITIEK’.
- Another talk was held in Mevrouw Bok, as part of the project Conversas. A very enthusiast group of audience took part in the conversation, which lead to a collaboration with ‘Imaginary Institute’ project by Marcel Goethals.
- We held two group sessions at CAFÉ MONO in Rotterdam. It was decided that we hold regular meetings and invite people to form a group to further discuss such an idea. The attendees were from different disciplines, such as law, finance and programming, which made it possible for the discussion to fall into a track of a multidisciplinary state.
- Following an invitation from Parking Gallery, run by Amirali Ghassemi, an Iranian curator and a friend from Tehran, the project was introduced also in CLUB SOLO in Breda, during a marathon of presentations as ‘Wake up Stories’ project.
- In seek of a more permanent venue to host the event, Showroom MAMA in Rotterdam agreed to host us for the rest of the sessions. After a number of constructive meetings, we decided to start the project in MAMA by the beginning of 2017. So on 10th of January 2017 we successfully held our first session.